This booklet examines whether Abortion or Medical Termination of Pregnancy, is indeed the last option available, and sheds light on issues such as –
- Will the mother receive adequate information before choosing an abortion?
- Who in the family makes a decision for abortion?
- Are there options other that abortion?
- If the baby will be aborted, will it be done with safety to the mother?
- If it is to be done anyway, at what stage in the baby’s development is it better?
- Is it morally right or wrong to abort the baby? Are there any special circumstances?
- What about sex selective abortion – usually of the female foetus?